Friday 20 May 2011

Magical Letters.

Since letters represent sounds, and sound is said to be the origin of existence, maybe letters have power just as numbers do. Which is maybe why the following trotted in front of my brain this morning.

A string of strange letters
Can lock you in fetters
And leave you to list
With the fools and the fretters.

Or maybe I was just being silly again. Maybe it stemmed from that dream I had last night, of talking to a woman on a train. Two women, actually - different dreams. One of them was one of you lot out there in the b.sphere. The other I didn’t recognise.

I’ll tell you about Aine’s moon later, shall I?

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Letters do! Some examples are Runic alphabets, Enochian characters, and Hebrew characters. I don't think i've ever read or heard anything about the letters in the alphabet that we use being assigned any sorts of occult properties other than when used in numerology... each letter has a number and hence an occult meaning.

JJ said...

It's the angular ones that interest me, especially Z. I sometimes think that being a Beazley makes me different than if I'd been a Beasley.

And on that subject, BTW, I meant to say on your blog that I felt honoured at Beatrice's role. Thank you.

andrea kiss said...

W is interesting. I like L and M.

Beatrice is my favorite.

JJ said...

You're too good to me.