Wednesday 4 May 2011

Lulu and Life.

I’m having a problem with Lulu.com. I sent them an e-mail asking them to explain the inexplicable. I got an e-mail back from ‘Colin’ that just made matters worse.

--------------

Have you ever noticed that if you say a word often enough it stops sounding like a word and becomes just an abstract sound? Try saying ‘Colin’ seventeen times.

I remember doing that as a kid, and feeling quite disturbed at how ludicrous even common words sounded.

---------------

Something odd is happening. I swear I’ve started to look younger. Life’s weird, ain’t it? Listening to Karen Matheson singing Breisleach. Phew!

2 comments:

lucy said...

Yeah I've noticed that. The first time was when I was in the car and we'd stopped at a red light. I looked at the pedestrian crossing to my left, and on the group was the word 'stop'. I said it over and over again (I have no idea why) and after about fifteen times, it lost its entire meaning. And had someone asked me what the word meant, I don't think I would've been able to reply. It's fascinating!

JJ said...

It's as though you get below the level of meaning and into... meaninglesness?

Maybe it's a fire sign thing.