Monday 9 May 2011

This Little Miracle.

I added a couple of new items to my sidebar this morning and something struck me.

It must be only around fifteen years or so since it became common for households to have a personal computer. When I started learning computing in 1995, Windows was only just coming in. I learned on DOS.

Yet here we are with this blogging tool, a means by which you can create your own website, publish your words and pictures, add profiles, a clock, tracking systems, links to other sites etc, etc, etc. It’s all free and easy to operate, and I for one have come to take it for granted.

So, for all I sometimes complain about the negative sides of technology (and there are serious negative sides,) the blogging facility seemed suddenly little short of miraculous.

No comments: