Friday 14 January 2011

One Year Old.

So, here’s today’s announcement. This is the first anniversary of my blog. Has it been worth it? Definitely. Some of the connections I’ve forged have become remarkably important and even precious to me. Will it continue? I expect so, when I’ve got something to say. I feel as though I should be celebrating. But how?

The only notable event today was that I went to the city for a dental appointment, and then met my daughter for coffee. I haven’t seen her since Christmas 2009. We spent two hours discussing deep and meaningful things, as we usually do. She’s writing a book on the nature of life. It’s fairly metaphysical, I gather, and based on pyramids. No surprise there, then.

7 comments:

Nuutj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nuutj said...

(I edited my comment because of grammar. My opinion is the same.)

IMO, your daughter takes you. It'd be good you if may recommend her blog to me if she already has or considered to post in the future.

Keep on writing. I enjoy your blog. Your existence has become part of me. Doesn't it sound intimate ? :D Nah.....I admire your writings, photos and intuition. :)

Della said...

Happy anniversary, Jeff! And to think you almost quit ;-) It is nice to make connections around the world with this blogging thing, we're otherwise likely to feel alone (or mad) in just our little local group or crowd. To the spring ahead and another good year!

Jeanne said...

Happy, Happy Blog-o-versary!!!!
I've enjoyed your blog tremendously. So happy to have found your 'mad' little corner of the Blog World!

JJ said...

Thank you very much ladies. Glad we're agreed on the 'mad' bit. My daughter doesn't have a blog, Mei-shan. She says her intuition is her internet; she doesn't need the electronic one. If only I were so gifted. She also claims to be madder than me. Sometimes.

Shayna said...

Congratulations, Jeff!

JJ said...

Thanks, Shay. Have you moved again? Feedjit used to have you as Big Bear Lake. Now it has you as Sacramento.