Saturday 15 January 2011

Flat.

I’m in one of those flat moods tonight. No mild insanity. No inspiration. No imagination. My daughter told me today that I’m looking really well. I was half disappointed; I’d been hoping to look mildly mad, but that isn’t easy when you’ve just had your hair cut and you’re looking all smarty-pants. Does this mean I have to wait until my hair grows again, and the mothers taking their kids to the local school can say

‘Oh look, there’s Mad Jeffrey. He looks really mad today, doesn’t he?’

‘Oh yes. Very mad, I’d say. He makes friends with rats, you know. Shall we throw something at him?’

Oh, well. On a more prosaic note, certain relationship issues seem to be knocking at their saucepan lids at the moment, and I don’t know what to make of them.

And on an even more prosaic note, I’ve decided to throw another story up at the other site. I haven’t done so before because it’s rather long and isn’t my usual sort of thing. It’s more X-Files than Twilight Zone. It’s also going to need some editing and re-formatting, so I’ll get onto that over the weekend. That’s if anybody’s interested.

That’s probably going to be it for today. I’ve had less sleep than usual this week and I’m almost ready for bed. Haven’t had a scotch yet, though, so who knows?

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

X-files? Hhhmmm...... Off to go see.

JJ said...

Not up yet, Jeanne. Tomorrow, I should think. It's probably more accurate to say that it's a mystery with an X-Files style ending.