Monday 24 January 2011

Doing for Harry in Hungary.

I don’t know whether any of you good people get BBC dramas among the two million channels you have at your fingertips, and, if you do, whether you watch Silent Witness. Sorry if you don’t, because this post is for aficionados.

Tonight’s was a shocker. Who would have thought that Harry would ever get done in? And in Budapest, too! He should have known better than to go there, shouldn’t he?

I knew there was something afoot when they broke with tradition. It’s a time-honoured rule with Silent Witness that you always get to see at least one pair of women’s breasts (which isn’t why I watch it, by the way, even though they’ve cropped up a couple of times in recent posts.) The thing is, though, they always belong to dead women who are lying on a slab and about to be disembowelled to further the cause of forensic investigation. Tonight’s pair belonged to a living, breathing Hungarian lady who had the Hots for Harry. ‘This is just not on,’ I thought to myself (actually I said it out loud, because I talk to myself a lot when there aren’t any birds, rats, rabbits, squirrels, cows, cars, trees or fairies to talk to.) And I still wasn’t convinced that everything was hunky-dory when the said Magyar lady ended up dead and lying on a slab about to be...etc, etc.

No; Harry had to cop it. Still, at least the evil Ukrainian who did the dastardly deed had the decency to shoot him in the head before he set fire to the body. Would an evil Ukrainian be so considerate, I asked myself. Aloud.

We haven’t had the pleasure of seeing Harry’s naked chest yet. Maybe they’re saving that for the second episode. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

No comments: