Wednesday 26 January 2011

Being a Jeff.

Would you believe that one of those pesky ads on Hotmail is one I can relate to? It says:

Jeff’s status update:

“Fell asleep on the train. Woke up in Peterborough.”

What I don’t understand is the fact that it’s an ad for a modern, rocket-technology, mobile phone. Such things are aimed at the smart young set, aren’t they? So why ‘Jeff?’

And I remember there being a series of slightly surreal cartoon greetings cards back in the 80s/90s, about a bizarre character called Jeff. I recall there being one in which he was admiring his corn flake collection.

Seems I might have been appropriately named after all.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Are you saying it's a name for poor unfortunates ;)
By the way, forget to tell you but my youngest sister's nickname is Jeff!

JJ said...

The man who drew the cartoon about a man with a corn flake collection obviously thought so, Mel. I suppose it isn't as bad as Jeffrey.

A girl called Jeff. There you go, you see, weird!