Sunday 30 January 2011

Getting Better.

I just discovered something interesting. I was draining the last drop from a bottle of beer when I found that if I sucked and sucked until I created a really good vacuum, and then let my top lip move slowly across the rim of the bottle, it made a particularly pleasing squeak. You know how kids blow balloons up and let the air out slowly, and then fall about laughing at the sound? I’m still at that level. And to think, a few years ago this could have been really good practice for something altogether more grown up.

Want something to eat now.

4 comments:

Zoe said...

This made me laugh. Wish I could have heard that one on skype!

JJ said...

This kid's a strange one, Zoe - usually wakes up at around midnight, and getting him to bed can be a real pain sometimes. He just wants to play.

Those words-for-which-there-are-no-English-equivalents on your Tumblr are a wonderful eclectic mix - almost surreal. Can't figure out the comment system, though.

Maria Sondule said...

silly noises are always fun. I never want to grow out of that stage. :)

JJ said...

Then don't. Allowing the inner child to stay active is a damn fine thing, in my opinion. It helps ward off mental arthritis.