Tuesday 25 January 2011

In the Tradition of Saturday Morning Cinema.

How stupid of me. I should have listened to my nagging doubts about the doing of Harry. Why, I wondered, did they kill off a major character in the middle of a two-part series? They usually do that sort of thing at the end, for obvious reasons. 

But, of course, they hadn’t. Harry wasn’t dead. They’d done a Lone Ranger on us. It was a classic cliff-hanger. Flashback showed that the tough and resourceful pathologist had turned the tables on his evil Ukrainian assailant, switched identities, and then set fire to the body so as to have time to continue his investigations. This throws up a major flaw in the plot, as these things usually do, but I won’t bore you with the details. Just be glad that Harry is alive and well, the prostitute got to see her stolen baby, the bad cop turned out to be a good cop after all, and the world goes on in perfect harmony.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Haha of course. I don't think we can count on anyone being dead in movies or TV these days.

JJ said...

I remember how hard they had to work to get Mr Spock back into the first generation of Star Trek flms.