Wednesday 19 January 2011

A Reflection, Not a Complaint.

Do you know what’s a bit of a bugger sometimes? Just when it seems I’m coming close to getting what I most want, something beyond my control just happens along and snatches it away. It’s always been like that, not with everything but with most things.

What doesn’t help, probably, is the fact that I’ve always been the sort to most want what people in my situation aren’t ‘supposed’ to have. And I’ve usually got them, too, but only so far. Just as I’m nearing the top of the hill, a bloody great gust of wind comes along and blows me off. It’s like playing snakes and ladders on a board with five times as many snakes as ladders.

Mostly, I shrug these days. And I’m still an eternal optimist. And I like being me more than I used to, even on those rare occasions when I feel like something the cat brought in (which I don’t at the moment, by the way.)

So that’s all good. The future starts now.

Must go and check the empty house next door. Suspicious noises.

10 comments:

Zoe said...

What is it that you want?

JJ said...

To climb, and climb, and climb... all the way to heaven!

Did I ever make that post? Don't remember. Probably not, because it has to be heard in a Welsh accent.

No sign of any forced entry next door, BTW. Do you care whether or not I'm still in one piece? Does anybody?

Zoe said...

Maybe Mad Jeffrey imagined the noises, hm?

JJ said...

Nope. Mad Jeffrey has a disturbingly fertile imagination, but it doesn't stretch to noises.

Anthropomorphica said...

Why have you asked for something to come snatch it out of the way? Those sneaky little mind demons get up to all sorts of devilry when we're not paying attention!

Mine are right little buggers!

JJ said...

Sorry, Mel, I'm not with you. What do you mean 'Why have I asked...'

Anthropomorphica said...

Just that thought that what we have or don't have in our lives is of our own creation. As in the quantum physics theory of matter follows thought.
My brother pointed something out to me, that whenever things are going well I get bored and move on to something else instead. I hadn't thought of it!

JJ said...

Ah, with you now. So maybe my inner desire is not to be 'successful.' Or maybe the inner desire is to get out while I'm on the up, and move to something new. That figures.

Zz... said...

LOL such a harem you have here ;) just wanted to say love the new title pic by the way- is that your road- GORGEOUS i am sooo envious...

JJ said...

Zhen, dear, do shut up about harems. I don't have a freggin' harem! There are a few ladies out there who would be worse than mortified at the suggestion.

That road is actually in the Cheviot Hills in Northumberland, but the view in Church Lane, five minutes walk away, is similar. Save your pennies...