Monday 10 January 2011

Stop It!

Why is my personal blogosphere suddenly filled with people making posts to wind me up? Getting wound up makes me serious. I don’t want to be serious any more!

I’m becoming increasingly convinced that life shouldn’t be a serious business. It should be silly and giggly and fun and kind and helpful and non-judgemental. Life isn’t real enough to be serious.

Oh, fuck it.

Yes, I know I’m serious myself a lot of the time. I irritate myself. So yell at me.

Somebody give a me a cream cake.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

If you had lots of money, you should throw a party for the bloggers. Complete with a trampoline:)

Wendy said...

Where were people winding you up, Jeff? Maybe it's the same people who were outraged over your toilet roll paper debacle. Laughing as I remember it and the banality of some people. Are you giving people your power by letting them wind you up? I hope that last statement didn't come off as some new age guru. I understand though the thoughts of how others effect us. Please, don't change, Jeff!

JJ said...

Trampoline? Carmen, you do say the most interesting things. You haven't been experimenting with those funny little packets from the Chinese herbalist again, have you?

No relinquishing of power, Wendy. None to start with! I was having one of my brief periods of mild, harmless insanity last night. I love 'em, and I learn things when I'm in them. But I have to change, though:

'Every day, and in every way...'

...and all that.

Maria Sondule said...

I appreciate the fun things more if I'm serious. And thinking about the serious things helps us come together, to unite under a cause.

JJ said...

Well, I think there's a slight difficulty with that argument, Maria. 'Uniting under a cause,' the idea of which I don't necessarily discredit, tends to mean only some people coming together to fight other people. If we all stopped being serious, we could all come together and make life one big party. It won't happen, of course.