Thursday 20 January 2011

Miserably Sane.

I’m not even slightly mad tonight. I’m in a bad mood. It started with a letter from my landlord’s agent, who is retiring in April, which opened up yet another reason for me possibly not continuing to live at this house. That’s a shame; I like it here, and I’m very fussy about where I live. It continued with the car throwing a wobbler. I hate it when cars play up in some way that isn’t easily diagnosed by a bear of little auto-brain. And tonight my internet is being slow and stuttery. I’m also tired – too many six-hour nights these past couple of weeks.

I did have an interesting anonymous phone call, though. It was 8.45 this evening, which more or less rules out a sales and marketing call. There was silence for a few seconds, and then some muffled music that sounded as though the caller was holding the phone close to a speaker, and then silence again. How exciting! The last time something like that happened was when I was being stalked, in a low level sort of way, by a woman from the theatre where I worked. Better tell the local bunnies to give the house a wide berth.

Actually, it was probably just a wrong number. Oh, well...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I hope you don't have to move, Jeff. I also get very attached to a home that I love.

JJ said...

I hope so too, Wendy. I’ve lived in eight houses over the last twenty five years, and this is the one I’ve easily invested the most in – both practically and emotionally. But, life sometimes has a habit of not letting you get too comfortable. It’s wait and see time at the moment.