Saturday 8 January 2011

My Own American Dream (literally.)

I had the weirdest dream last night.

I was a patient in a hospital in America. I don’t remember the name of the city, but it was in a state adjacent to DC. There was lots of coming and going in this big building and I developed a fondness for one of the nurses. And then she disappeared, only to reappear as a patient. She took up occupation of a bed opposite mine in the ward, just before an announcement on the PA telling us that we must all leave because a family called something-or-other was moving in. We all knew this was a fictitious name for the Clintons.

So we all climbed out of bed, gathered our belongings into bags, and then trudged out of the hospital grounds like workers leaving a factory. A limo pulled in bearing Bill, Hillary and a little boy. They parked at the main entrance and went inside. The End.

Why the hell would I dream something like that?

4 comments:

lucy said...

I love remembering dreams again after I've woken up because they make no sense most of the time. They do while we're dreaming, but when we wake up, we think, "Jeez, how is that even possible/logical?" Well, that's what happens in my dreams anyway, haha.

That was a really interesting dream though. I laughed when you wrote:
"We all knew this was a fictitious name for the Clintons."

JJ said...

That's the odd thing, Lu. I could probably trace the rest to psychological origins, but why the Clintons?

Wendy said...

Wow, I'm going to think about this dream more. I love that you remember your dreams in the way you do. Not many men I know remember or even want to remember their dreams. I'll mull on this a bit as I always love "dream" thoughts, etc...and then you can throw it out or take it all with a grain of salt. I wrote above in one of your other dream posts, do you keep a dream journal?

JJ said...

I don't keep a dream journal, Wendy. I don't usually remember many of them. Besides, I'm far too lazy for something as organised as that!

I can easily recognise the setting from some waking life things. The two mysteries are why the nurse reappeared as a fellow patient, and how the hell did the Clintons get there? I'm not aware of having seen or given any thought to them for a long time. And why did they have a young son?