Tuesday 18 January 2011

Mixed Day.

What a strange day. A heady mixture of good company, delightful revelation, and disappointment over an e-mail-that-hasn’t-arrived. And now my house is making strange, disturbing noises that are quite different from the usual shrinking boards-and-the-like. Nothing inspirational in the news, and the new motor is proving to be a bit of a gas guzzler. What’s more, the houseflies are multiplying, which is most unusual for this time of year. I’m beginning to suspect that they haven’t come out of hibernation, but are newly hatched. That almost certainly means there’s something dead somewhere, which gives me an interesting thought.

Given the number of visitors I don’t have, if I died in this house it would probably be ages before anybody cottoned on. And then they would find me crawling with maggots. That’s some sort of reincarnation, I suppose. I feel disinclined to go to bed.

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Ooh, something dead? Save me the bones!
You're appealing to the darker side of me and I find I'm giggling at the maggoty reincarnation. Don't shuffle off this mortal coil just yet Jeff!

JJ said...

Actually, Mel, I did think before I even read this 'Maybe I should instruct somebody to video the whole thing and send it to Melanie for her amusement.'

Anthropomorphica said...

Ha ha, I guess that's about right for the videos I post, please set it to the Ying Tong song ;)

JJ said...

Perfect. You're on.