Saturday 8 January 2011

Ode to a Lucy.

She’s going to kill me for this.

Young Lucy Wu
Clad all in blue
Save for the dog shit
On her shoe.

It could have been worse, Lucy. Wu has some good rhymes.

‘Hello Mr Silly. Are you back?’

‘Might be.’

‘OK.’

Do you know what the really bad news is this week? The special offer Sainsbury’s had on Bells whisky has finished. I’m back on their own cat’s pee brand. I knew there was something worthwhile about Christmas. Decent scotch on special offer. Not such a humbug.

5 comments:

lucy said...

Oh crap.

I have an ode?

I have no idea what to say? Whether I should be delighted or offended by the piss of dog shit on my shoe :P

But yes, there are hardly any good words that rhyme with wu. i should know. mainly because when i was in year 6 and my teacher was trying to help me come up with a nice slogan for my school captain campaign, even she eventually came to the word 'poo'. it sucks.

but thank you jeff :)

JJ said...

How can you say that? Wu is easy. Here’s another one:

You say you’re tall, Miss Lucy Wu.
Which means you grew and grew and grew
So now the rest, bar but a few,
Must all be looking up at you.

I suspect your year 6 teacher was blessed with an Australian’s imagination.

Jeanne said...

You should've bought more when it was on sale....

JJ said...

I know, Jeanne. I'm just used to being constrained by cash flow worries.

Jeanne said...

Totally understand about the cash flow thing! :0)