Saturday 8 January 2011

My Gallic Steed.

There’s something I’m not happy about with this flashy new motor. The throttle is slow to respond, and the clutch is both stiff and bites at the bottom end. That’s a recipe for aching calf muscles and stalled engines. This is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Really interesting so far? OK, now the boring bit.

It’s also typical of modern, nanny-mentality technology. It does what it thinks is right, not what I tell it to do – like wiping the rear windscreen when reverse gear is engaged, and locking the doors when the engine is started. I like technology that does what it’s told – no more, no less. This is the first vehicle I’ve had that was built in the 21st century. Being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world, I am.

2 comments:

lucy said...

Did you get a car, Jeff? Man, I've been missing out on a lot of news! Dammit. I shall read your older posts to update myself

JJ said...

Three vehicles in just over a month, Lu. One has gone for scrap (I loved her to bits; she was the best car I've ever had,) one was a bit of a character that gave me a lot of grief, the new one has yet to reveal its true colours.