Thursday 8 September 2011

Two Further Little Mysteries.

When I went into the kitchen this morning, the first thing I saw was the washing machine door open. That was odd because I never leave it open. True, I might have done so as an oversight the last time I washed, but that was nearly a week ago, so why haven’t I noticed it before? I suspect the culprit is the same one who left my dirty dishes in the middle of the worktop that time – twice!

Another mystery awaited me outside. I went to put something in my wheelie bin and found it empty. Now, I know for a fact that there were three bags of garbage in there – two large and one small. I know for a fact that it wasn’t, therefore, quite full and that I most certainly didn’t put it out for collection this week I only do that when it’s full. I know for a fact that the garbage collectors don’t walk around people’s properties and carry off the bags of rubbish. If the bin isn’t standing down by the lane, they drive past. So who’s walked up my path and emptied my wheelie bin?

No comments: