Tuesday 13 September 2011

I Know My Tree!

Mrs Next Door told me she was going to trim some of the lower growth off the sycamore tree that grows close to the bottom of the garden. That’s where she parks her car, and she was concerned it might get scratched.

Not bloody likely! If anybody’s going to do that job, it should be me. That way it will be done with care, respect and a modicum of apology. I did it with the big loppers so as to make the cuts quick and clean, and I don’t think it bothered the tree all that much because when I’d finished I heard it speak to me.

‘You’ve missed a bit,’ it said.

And so I had.

2 comments:

Nuutj said...

Interesting. I'll try feeling my garden.

JJ said...

I've been getting this kind of thing ever since that Beltane Eve experience, Mei-shan. The problem is, I can't be 100% sure that it's the tree talking. It might be another part of my own consciousness, it might be a helpful (or michievous) sprite, or I might be completely mad.