Monday 5 September 2011

Good News and Bad News.

In time-honoured tradition, the bad news first:

A few weeks ago a man turned up at my house saying he’d been contracted by the estate to paint the exterior. Fine, I gave him every assistance and the work was finished last Friday. Today I got a letter from the landlord demanding £1107 from me, being 50% of the painter’s fee. Nobody ever told me I would be liable to pay for half the work, there’s nothing in my tenancy agreement to that effect, every website I’ve checked says that all exterior maintenance is entirely the landlord’s responsibility, and everybody I’ve spoken to about it has looked aghast and said ‘He can’t do that.’ Needless to say, I’m contesting it.

Now the good news:

I went up the lane today until I came to the gate close to where the bull charged me on Saturday. They were all there, including my monster. I recognised him by his markings. He came running at me again, but obviously stopped when he reached the gate.  Even that was intimidating, but I told him I’d probably misjudged his intentions, that maybe he’d only wanted to play, and that I was sorry for being so sharp with him. He put his head over the gate and let me scratch it. Then he licked my arm.

There are moments, and there are moments.

2 comments:

Nuutj said...

I wish you gain the justice. That landlord is real pain.

And I smiled to know that you have made friend with that bull. He has known that you came in peace. :) Cute.....

JJ said...

I really don't know why my landlord is acting this way, Mei-shan. He's always been considerate and a perfect gentleman. I can't help wondering whether there's something behind the scenes I don't know about.

Making friends with the bull was a good experience.