Thursday 15 September 2011

Beauty and the Beetle (and Snacks.)

Alexander has been absent for a few nights, but he’s back. I nearly trod on him tonight when I went into the kitchen to get a drink. I chided him gently, of course, telling him that he really shouldn’t sit where people walk. Without needing further admonishment, he toddled off under the washing machine. Clever boy.

--------------------------------------

Sainsbury’s were out of onion rings. Again!

--------------------------------------

I got talking to an unusually attractive woman in the cobblers today. It wasn’t just her looks that impressed – though she certainly had them – it was her warm, outgoing manner and engaging personality. She talked to me as though we’d been friends for years. But then I noticed a man standing by the counter, and it turned out he was her husband. They didn’t match at all. Married couples usually match, but they didn’t. That confused me. She told me they had five children, though, so I suppose they must get on.  

No comments: