Thursday 22 September 2011

Hearing Voices (seriously!)

It being 1.15 am and me feeling bored, I’m going to take a risk. I’m going to make a confession.

As a kid I sometimes used to hear a voice in my head. Plain as day it was, perfectly loud and as real as any real voice would be. It was always my mother calling my name, and it was always completely unexpected. It used to quite startle me, but I grew accustomed to it. (I also used to see flashing blue lights in the night sky that nobody else could see.) The phenomenon stopped when I was in my late teens, but there was an odd recurrence of it one night when I was working at the theatre, about ten years ago.

I don’t hear voices in my head any more. I only hear them in my mind now, which isn’t the same thing. More subtle. And they don’t happen very often. There was that time a few months ago when I heard ‘there are secrets here’ while I was standing underneath the big sycamore one evening. Tonight I got another one while I was relaxing in the bath. It said:

There is one more to come. Stay ready.

Well now, there are those who’ll say I’m sensitive, and those who’ll say I’m completely barking. I don’t care either way, because the ‘mind voices’ generally prove to be accurate. So now I’m curious.

Feel free to flee.

4 comments:

Nuutj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nuutj said...

I am thinking of posting my similar experience. It happened last night when I was asleep. I heard voice in my head. I am sure that it's not a dream for I remember many dreams and know how they were like. Last night's experience was different. I saw darkness while my eyes closed, I heard voice loud and clear but in my ears. I am wondering if it's my own subconscious self talking to me or other soul/deity talking to me. It doesn't sound like a woman.

Shame, I can't remember the message.

I deleted my first comment for it needed editing.

Nuutj said...

Oops...wrong again. I meant to say 'not in my ears'.

JJ said...

My suggestion is that it's likely to be either higher consciousness or possibly an external entity. In either case, the forgotten message is likely to have settled in the subconscious mind where it can inform subtly.