Sunday 11 September 2011

Little Ironies.

I got into some enlightening conversation with a very eloquent South African psi vampire called Siren today. It was over at Helen’s blog again. So tonight I did some reading on the subject, and now I feel drained and apathetic. I wonder if there’s a connection... Don’t suppose so; I expect it’s just one of those amusing little ironies that life throws at you when she’s feeling frivolous.

And maybe another little irony. I was watching the clouds scudding seductively across the full moon tonight, and was reminded that such a sight is another example of how nature and the elements provide images that are somehow loaded with deep but elusive meaning - like tree branches swaying in the breeze. So then I remembered that Hammer Studios often used that very image in their horror films, the best known of which are the Dracula ones!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Imagine how tired I am after spending a whole week studying the subject. :P

I am a naff when it comes to blood, horror films, and anything remotely dark or scary. How ironic is that?

BTW Siren is not South African. I have friends everywhere. :)

JJ said...

But doesn't it make you feel good to have the blinkers removed? It's one of the things I find difficult about humanity - how easily we allow ourselves to be blinkered by the various elements that make up the culture/Establishment. I sometimes think how easy it would be to just stay between the tram lines, but I wouldn't be acting authentically if I did. Oddly enough, though, I sometimes find that the 'tram line view' feels right to me after I've studied and thought about it long enough. But at least I found my own way there.

Many apologies to Siren. I must have misread somewhere. I thought she made reference to belonging to a South African organisation.

Helen said...

Yes it has been eye-opening and mind-opening.

Val, the main subject of the interview, is South African (not the same person as Siren).