Tuesday 13 September 2011

The Reluctant Human.

Helen paid me a visit this afternoon, and it was obvious from the moment I picked her up from the station that she was in an uncommunicative mood. I’ve never known anyone like Helen for being able to erect an almost palpable barrier when she’s in an uncommunicative mood.

Eventually, it transpired that it was because she’s going through an upsurge in her general sense of frustration at having to live in a physical body and function in a physical world. She wants to know why she can’t be composed only of pure energy and live permanently in the light. She finds every physical activity, even the making of a cup of tea, pointless and irritating. I understood, of course. I even concurred because I know Helen to be a woman of unusually high consciousness. But I could offer no answer. She told me that she’d asked her partner – a man also of unusually high consciousness – why we choose to do it. ‘Because we can,’ he said. That sounds to me like as good an answer as any.

Once she’d got that off her chest, she lightened up.

3 comments:

Zz... said...

This Helen sounds like my kind of gal ;)

I often find it a struggle to stay put too which is why I find grounding activities a very helpful exercise...maybe you can suggest that she incorporate more of these in to her life. I've found them very helpful to rebalance the body's energies.... particularly suited to floaty peeps of higher consciousness...

Zz... said...

p.s ponytho was the authentication...i felt like itw as a bit of a stab at my recently lost one! LOL...and this authentication is immeg...a bit too close to "image"! hehehe conspiracy theories reek today! ;)

JJ said...

Oddly, Helen did say that she uses grounding activities to push the feeling away, but it only lasts as long as the activity does. And most grounding activities bring her back to the same sense of frustration because they're usually physical. Helen knows herself very well.

I did ask you once to send me the pony tail if ever you had it removed. I was going to hang it up somewhere. And stick pins in it. And giggle. But only when I was in a good mood.