Thursday 29 September 2011

Sorry About This...

I’m going to talk about myself again. Just because I can. If you don’t want to hear it, switch off now.

I was sitting in the sunshine today (we’re enjoying an unusually warm spell of weather at the moment) and I thought about those questionnaires that ask ‘If you had to describe your three most notable attributes, what would they be?’ Simple. Quick as a flash.

Passionate
Intelligent
Sensitive

Well, that isn’t so bad, is it? Could be worse, right? Think on. Attributes carry corollaries, and it occurred to me that:

Being passionate sometimes finds an outlet in being quickly moved to anger, which can be useful occasionally, but generally isn’t good.

Being intelligent means being able to make connections, forecast the range of possibilities, see the inherent dangers – and that often leads to unjustified fears.

And being sensitive means being uncommonly prey to having one’s state of mind affected by the whims and actions of others. Especially women (bless ’em.)

So maybe it isn’t so good after all. Maybe if I were dull, dumb and devoid of feeling, I would have far fewer problems. Now there’s  a lesson to carry into the next life. Is it mere coincidence that I’m listening to a Chinese woman singing as I write this?

No comments: