Thursday 1 September 2011

My First UFO?

Ever since I was a kid I’ve been an avid watcher of things that fly. That doesn’t only include birds and bats, of course, but also man made flying things. I’ve watched kites, hot air balloons, microlights, hang gliders, conventional gliders, radio controlled toys, all manner of helicopters, single and twin-engined prop driven planes, military fighter jets, big military transports and commercial airliners. Today I saw something I’ve never seen before.

Three silver circles flying counter to the prevailing wind. Two were flying a steady course, while the third was zig-zagging. Without a comparative reference point it was impossible to tell how big they were, how high they were, how fast they were flying, or whether they were spheres or circles. Since they appeared perfectly round from an acute trajectory, however, common sense would suggest they were spherical.

And here’s the best bit. The sky above them was uniformly blue – no cloud and no haze. And yet as I watched them, they disappeared. Or became invisible, or however you want to put it.

So what the hell were they? Remember they were flying at a steady speed against the wind.

3 comments:

Zz... said...

Oh they were UFOs...so unfair how you guys get all the action, all the crop circles etc etc, lol

Zz... said...

glad you finally had a very exciting day! ;)

JJ said...

I do believe you might be right, Zhen. I wonder where they come from.

Exciting day? Takes more than a few UFOs to excite me, dearZZ. I could tell you what would, but I won't.