Wednesday 21 September 2011

Today's Second Rant.

It’s no good. I don’t want this blog to descend into a succession of negative rants, but sometimes the spleen has to be vented and there’s no other way.

There’s something that really bugs me. Hypocrisy. If you’re cheap, admit it. If you claim not to be, then don’t be. It’s that simple.

I know, this is all to do with me being an idealist. I can’t help it. I’ve done a lot of bad things in my life, but once the conviction has become established that a certain something is wrong, I’ve stopped doing it. All my life I’ve tried to live up to the principles that were established at the time, and all I keep meeting is duplicitous shit.

I can’t expect others to be the same, can I? I must try hard not to judge because I have no right, and to do so would make me sanctimonious. What I do have a right to do, though, is be selective in my choice of those with whom I want to associate.

And just to avoid any confusion, these remarks don’t apply to the priestess. As far as I’m aware, she hasn’t made any fraudulent claims. There’s a difference between fraud and fiction. That’s one of the reasons why I honour her and treat her with as much courtesy and consideration as I can manage. It isn’t always enough, but I do try.

Rant over.

No comments: