Saturday 3 September 2011

A Dream Riddle.

As riddles go, this isn’t a bad one.

What connects: Sarah from Mill Lane, the Priestess, Marilyn Monroe, and George W Bush?

Answer: the dream I had last night. To relate the dream and all the convoluted connections would be tedious in the extreme. My purpose in making the post is only to say this:

It’s very interesting how a dream can take the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, put them together in all the wrong places, and still come up with a recognisable picture. Fascinating things, dreams.

I hoped I would see Sarah and tell her about it on one of my perambulations today, but the only sight I got of her was through the kitchen window of her house. She was helping her mother and sister prepare dinner. I thought she looked bored and in need of the sweet scent of adventure, and then I realised it was my own reflection I was seeing. Having stopped a bull in its tracks earlier, the sweetly scented variety would make a nice counterpoint.

No comments: