Tuesday 1 November 2011

Cosmic Connection.

I’ve given a lot of thought over the last few years to the concept of cosmic connections. Maybe it explains why there are certain people you can’t let go, or shake off, or stop loving, or whatever it is. Maybe there’s a bond between you that’s locked, a connecting cord you can’t access in order to sever it. Maybe the lock is a safety device to stop you breaking something you’re not meant to break, something that’s valuable, something that’s part of your life plan.

The problem with this idea is that I don’t see how it can be so unless it’s tied to the phenomenon of reincarnation. How else could it work except on a multi life basis? Michael Newton’s book Destiny of Souls is all about this very idea.

I’ve said often enough that I’m deeply convinced of the reality of reincarnation, but I doubt that many people are, and I can’t claim to know it because I can’t prove it. If I’m right, though, it might give the first clue to the question I posed at the end of the previous post.

2 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

I've always hoped for one of two things after death: reincarnation, or some sort of...reunion with the people you love who've gone before you. Maybe both. Have you seen the film "What dreams may come"?

JJ said...

I could go on about this all day, Kaetlyn. It's been the overriding preoccupation of my life. Very briefly:

At no time in my life have I not taken it for granted that my consciousness is indestructable. The rest has been a search to understand how the mechanism works. Reincarnation seems so obvious to me now that I find it difficult to understand why people have a problem with it. In Vedic cultures it's accepted quite naturally, and I gather it was fundamental to Celtic spirituality before the Christian missionaries threw a blanket over it.

Is that film the one in which Robin Williams dies and finds the body/spirit of his drowned wife? If so, I remember liking it a lot and it making good sense to me.