Thursday 24 November 2011

Seeking Entente and a Romantic Question.

It seems I’m getting a regular visitor from France at the moment. As much as that pleases me, I have a small reservation. You do realise I’m English, I hope. Is that OK? I know that our guys did some pretty nasty things to your people during the Middle Ages, that we left some of your troops standing on the beaches in 1940, and that the expression ‘L’Albion Perfide’ is not entirely without foundation. I would be happy to come over there and apologise in person, but it isn’t practicable since I don’t know who you are. Will this blog post suffice?

--------------------------------------

There’s a line in a Nat King Cole song that runs:

We won’t say goodbye until the last minute
I’ll hold out my hand and my heart will be in it

Question: Is that one of the sweetest lines ever written, or one of the soggiest? Two of my multiple personalities are threatening war over the matter.

No comments: