Tuesday 22 November 2011

Another Nocturnal Ramble.

Taking a walk after dinner and after dark is becoming a habit. No mistiness and shuddersome imaginings tonight, though, just a sense of wonder at the brilliant canopy of stars in the clear night sky. The nearest street lights are about three miles away, so we don’t get much light pollution here. And I noticed yet again how much bigger and more imposing trees look at night. I even said ‘wow’ to a pair of them.

‘But Jeffreys don’t say wow.’

‘Well, they did tonight. Bog off.’

It was cold, though. First frost of the winter. My fingers were tingling by the time I got back. Now I’m snug and warm again with a cup of hot coffee, and I have a tricky e-mail to write. Will probably be back later with a few words on the subject of love. You probably won’t like them.

No comments: