Saturday 26 November 2011

Being Mr Tumnus.

Guess who I bumped into this afternoon. The Imperial Family – the Queen of Narnia, M’Lady S and Princess Inca. The following facts and consequences may be of note:

1) I think I got away with it. I made it home and haven’t turned white yet.

2) M’Lady S did something she’s never done before, but I’m not going to say what it was because I don’t want to.

3) Information educed from said Lady indicates that there might be sales of my books that I’m not being told about.

4) It appears I have a free supply of horse manure at my disposal.  This and the last point will be relatively meaningless because I never made the post explaining them, but you know I like being cryptic.

I do hope Sarah’s mother never reads my blog, although I have made it clear more than once that I like her. The problem is that, of all the things I don’t know about her, not the least of them is that I don’t know whether she has a sense of humour or not. To put it another way: I’m sure she has, but does it accord with mine? If not, I could be in for a long, cold winter.

It was very nice to see them. Inca’s habit of sitting and wrapping her front legs around my arm is one of her many endearing traits.

End of post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff you should know that you have only one UK visitor that I know of so there is no need to be worried about the Queen of Narnia. Week day walks may be more of a winner for the both of you!

JJ said...

Don't know what the last sentence means, m'lady. And I like the Queen. She not only waved, but SMILED at me today.