Sunday 2 December 2012

Time and the Priestess.

I said in a recent post that I wanted to find a timeless place without even the perception of time. This raises a problem of logic.

We’re told that time is an illusion, and that sounds good to me, even though I don’t know why it should apart from the fact that I recently experienced a sense of timelessness that seemed to be here and gone in no time. Well it would, wouldn’t it?

But how can consciousness exist without the perception of time, since even the smallest thought goes from here to there? Would it be possible to have a timeless place in which there is still the perception of time? (And I’m not talking Brigadoon here, or maybe I am.) Would the perception of time be the essence of the illusion? Aha! Maybe now we’re getting somewhere…

This is all the priestess’s fault. (My life has gone from Rupert Bear’s Tiger Lily to the priestess without an intervening period of development!) I’m hoping her higher self will explain it to me when I’m dead.

Meanwhile, my house is bloody cold tonight, even though I’m using electricity in precisely the same way as a giant panda uses bamboo shoots.

No comments: