Tuesday 4 December 2012

Oh, Joy.

I’ve been a seething mass of unrestrained excitement today at the news that the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant. Such joy as I have not felt in many a long year was marred only by the fact that my poor Lady Kate is ill. She is spending several days in hospital, struck down by some terrible affliction – Morning Thickness is what I believe the doctors call it. I’m sure it must be a terrible thing, but I have no doubt that she is holding firm amidst the pain and suffering as any true Englishwoman would.

She is, of course, in God’s hands, and I trust that in His bountiful mercy He will hold her lovingly to His breast and protect her, as she is about to cradle and protect the precious new life that she will bestow on us as heir to the throne of our great nation.

Now do, please, excuse me. The tears of joy and thankfulness will be denied no longer. This is too much.

No comments: