Thursday 20 December 2012

Admitting Pecuniary Interest.

It's raining again. Fancy that.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...

I just donned raincoat and wellies, grabbed a shovel, and went up the road to clear one of the land drains that had become blocked with leaves and dirt. The water running off the land and down the lane is now disappearing into the grid instead of running like a river past my front hedge.

So is that my civic duty done for the day? Nope. I did it because the river kept scouring out the gravel that's filling a pothole right where I need to get my car out, and I have to keep raking it back again. Which is a nuisance. Conscience clear.

I have two posts lined up regarding the misinterpretation of two literary classics, and the misunderstanding of the link between bad behaviour and punishment.

Bet you can't wait, but first I have to have some lunch and paint at least one door.

No comments: