Wednesday 19 December 2012

Replacement Wheels.

The infamous Red Renault is no longer with me. I went to see Mr Nigel today to pick up some paperwork, and while I was there I asked him to look at Monsieur R’s latest bits of under-the-weatherness. ‘I can do better than that,’ he said, and unveiled another car (providing me with a car is his side of the professional arrangement, if you remember.)

It’s only a little Ford Fiesta, but I had one of those once and it was probably the best car I ever had for reliability. It’s smaller than the Renault, less stylish, less well-appointed, and six months older, but I’m hoping it’s also going to be less of a source of unremitting anxiety. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, it isn’t glossy red like the Renault; it’s metallic maroon, but I expect I’ll get used to it.

4 comments:

Wendy S. said...

Congrats on your new car. It's always hard, well usually to let go of something that has born us well, even if there's been a lot of bumps on the road. Reliability is so needed especially on the road. Maybe you'll go on more adventures now.

JJ said...

Doubt it, Wendy. Fuel is about $10 a gallon over here. Although this car is small it has a big engine, so it goes up hills well, but costs.

Wendy S. said...

If it's not one thing, it's another. I drive a hybrid and yes, I save on gas money but I also drive a lot so reliability is more important. I can't even imagine how expensive fuel is over there.

JJ said...

Fortunately, I don't have to drive much these days, but living seven miles from the nearest town with no bus service means that reliability is important to me, too.

Being one of Nigel's cars, the little Ford appears to have a problem with the tyres. As you say, if it isn't one thing it's another.