Sunday 2 December 2012

Ladies of the Moment and Children of the Night.

It will be of no interest to anybody but me that the woman singer in the last post was for many years my Lady of the Moment. And then young Cara came along and nudged her aside. Ha! Imagine that. There was a time…

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was.

I’m becoming far too preoccupied with the issue of lost youth these days, aren’t I? It’s all pointless, of course, because the moving finger really does write and move on, and that’s how it should be. Besides, when you’ve got a Chinese ghost occupying the centre seat at the top table, well…

I need something funny to laugh at. Time for a session with the evil Count and the squeaky hunters, I think. I do hope there’s something worth reporting tonight.

2 comments:

Wendy S. said...

For me it's easier to slip into past regrets and my lost youth during this season. What is it that Oscar Wilde said,"Youth is wasted on the Young"? I'm glad that we have literature to lose ourselves in. I need to laugh more as well, I'm just having a hard time finding something to laugh at or laugh with.

JJ said...

Well, spring won't be long, Wendy. The irony is, of course, that every spring takes you one step further from your youth, so you can't really win.

And you could always try Dracula for a laugh. It's a scream in places - the unintentional sort.