Sunday 23 December 2012

Letting Go.

The British National Health Service used to be the jewel in the crown of our welfare system. Now it’s crumbling. Over recent years we’ve had case after case involving abuse and/or neglect in NHS institutions. In the latest example, a man died of starvation. Hear that? A man died of starvation in an NHS hospital. The Health Minister says he is ‘disgusted and appalled.’ Well now, how ironic is that?

I was going to make a long and bitter post about it, but decided not to. My personal circumstances have, of late, tipped me over the fine line between being relaxed and being constantly stressed. At the moment I can’t afford to be focussing on the bad stuff that I can't do anything about. Most of it is unnecessary, and so it makes me feel both angry and impotent. I see a culture approaching crisis, obsessed as we are with a whole plethora of worthless values. I need to switch some of this off and carry on trying to strengthen the belief that it’s all just one form of reality.

No comments: