Sunday 30 December 2012

Being Weird and Pesky.

I had confirmed to me today something I suggested in a blog post recently:

‘Somebody said to me the other day,’ related my informant: ‘"I keep seeing that man from up near the school walking around the lanes every night. He’s a bit weird, isn’t he? I wonder what he's up to."’

My informant, apparently, put in a word for me, saying that I was a little interesting and mostly harmless. I said I’d try no to worry about it and nobody need stock up on garlic.

The same informant also told me something quite interesting about the actor Timothy Dalton, but I’m not going to tell you what it is because I’m like that. I can tell you that he lives in the same county as me, if you like, but that’s only at the edge of what’s quite interesting. Oh, and I can tell you that his mother was of mixed Italian and Irish parentage, which might explain something. Then again, it might not.

You can turn me off now.

2 comments:

Wendy S. said...

Oh I wish you were more of a gossip, Jeff as I love Timothy Dalton or rather I used to. I know it's no big secret he was with Vanessa Redgrave for a long time. I saw him once in an English pub here in the states. This was when I was a teen so it's been many moons since then.

JJ said...

No dastardly secrets I'm afraid, Wendy, just a hitherto unknown connection that I wouldn't want to reveal for fear of compromising somebody's security.

I did find out that he's older than me, and a lot taller. And I still say that he's an inappropriate choice to play Rochester.