Saturday 22 December 2012

Apocalypse: Rapture by Numbers.

Well, Britain has made it through 21/12/12. The question now is whether America will make it through 12/21/12. Only about eight more hours to go and then we should all be safe.

I gather Stonehenge had an awful lot of people calling themselves ‘druids’ hanging around at dawn yesterday morning. And an awful lot more looking terribly earnest. Rapturous, even.

If only I could be so easily enraptured. Actually, I can, but not by following the crowd.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

My fear was that we wouldn't make it through the day without another shooting or similar tragic event. And unfortunately we didn't. There was a shooting in Pennsylvania today, shortly before the NRA took the stage for a press conference in DC, (i think it was in DC)

I think that brings us close to 10 shootings/'mass' killings within the space of months. I'm including attempts in that as well :(

JJ said...

I gather the NRA wants to turn up the heat by letting everybody keep their guns, but start having armed guards in all schools. That strikes me as inflammatory. If you go down that road, where do you stop? When you get back to the gun law of the Wild West?

But I imagine the NRA must be feeling under pressure at the moment. Being America's gun champions must be turning a lot of flack in their direction. And rightly so, in my opinion.