Monday 10 October 2011

The Universe is Pointing.

Looking back, I realise that I’ve lived life with a succession of single focuses (focii? Greek or Latin? Don’t know. Should I care? Anyway...)

Yes, one single focus after another – sometimes a job or hobby, sometimes a person, sometimes the concentrated search for an ideal. At the moment I have no focus and it’s bothering me. I’m living in a void, which I don’t like. And here’s the problem:

I’ve always found that these things come to me, rather than me going out and finding them. Chasing things has never worked, I have to lie in wait and grab them as they come past. (Which makes me sound like a frog with a long tongue. It isn’t like that, honestly; I have no predatory instinct.)

At the moment, the universe is doing her usual trick: staying silent but pointing enigmatically at certain signs. And the current signs are:

Drum roll

New York and twenty four.

What am I supposed to make of that? I don’t know. Maybe I never will; the universe is like that sometimes. Then again...

2 comments:

Jfromtheblock said...

How do you know that anything will ever come?

JJ said...

I don't, Jen. It just always has so far.