Sunday 30 October 2011

The Still, Small Voice.

I made a decision yesterday to give something up. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time; logic and my nature said so. Today I began the process of getting used to my loss, and it still seemed like the right thing to have done. Logic and my nature continued to back me up. But I’ve had this still, small voice nagging at me all day. It isn’t saying ‘This is sad. This is a shame. Poor old Jeffrey. Get used to it.’ That much you’d expect. No, it’s saying ‘This is wrong. You did the wrong thing.’ That’s different.

I’ve had this guy on my back before, and so I recognise his voice. It isn’t the voice of emotion, or even reason necessarily. It’s something else, something deeper, something that maybe has arcane knowledge. The problem is, he isn’t telling me why I was wrong. And until he does, I suppose I’ll just have to go with logic and my nature. After all, he might be nothing more than a figment of my imagination.

-------------------------------------

Meanwhile, I hope the folks in the north east USA aren’t suffering too much from that crazy snow storm. And my thoughts go out particularly to the protesters on Wall Street who’ve had their generators and heating appliances confiscated, presumably on the orders of a nasty, spiteful, opportunistic little Establishment. Tyranny assumes many faces as it moulds itself to the situation, but it’s fundamentally the same thing whatever mask it wears.

No comments: