Monday 31 October 2011

By Way of a Change.

I could make several posts tonight, but they’re all on the same old theme that’s keeping me fixated and tiring me out. So, I thought I’d post another video instead.

The Storyteller was a series of TV episodes made by Jim Henson, and aired in both the US and the UK in the late eighties. Each story was based on an old folk tale and used a mixture of puppets and live actors. It’s good stuff. The acting, direction, design and scripts are superb, and the sets often have an imaginative, surreal element about them. The one I’m posting is the only full length episode I can find on YouTube, but no matter; they’re all good.


4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Aah, I remember this, I used to love it and John Hurt is fantastic! Thanks Jeff *)

JJ said...

I wanted to post my favourite, 'Fearnought' (that pond creature's daughter! Phew!! Irish actress!!! The eyes!!!! Stop it.) but they only had 1/3 of it in YouTube.

Anthropomorphica said...

I know you've a soft spot for Colleens but don't dribble on your computer, it'll end in tears (and electric shocks!)

JJ said...

Not just any colleens, Mel, specifically the pale, dark haired variety. 'Tied up with a black velvet band.'

But really, it's eyes I have a soft spot for - wherever they come from.