Monday 31 October 2011

Clever JJ, Desperately Seeking Sarah, and a Hamlet Paraphrase.

We put our clocks back to GMT in Britain over the weekend, so I changed the clock setting on my blog today – in HTML. I’ve never changed anything in HTML before. Admittedly, it was only a matter of realising that +0100 needed to be changed to +0000, but it’s a start!

--------------------------------------

I went for three walks today, seeking Sarah. I had something important to say to her, but she wasn’t in evidence on any of the usual routes. Just goes to show that we’re often at the mercy of fate to allow or disallow.

--------------------------------------

I’m still suffering continuous disquiet, not to mention the most giddying, dichotomous swings of perception, over the recently gleaned intelligence that there’s something rotten in the state of New York. I was going to make a whole post about it, but decided it should only be afforded a brief mention. There’s been quite enough TMI for one week.

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Hmm I can see I have missed much here, will have to have a archival browse!

JJ said...

A mixture of angst and humour as usual, Mel. And a bit that's dull.

Zoe said...

what do you mean, rotten?

JJ said...

Simply a literary device - the need to express with maximum brevity something that's actually long winded and complicated. A throwaway remark containing a grain of meaning. 'Rotten' because that's the adjective used in Hamlet.

The later post 'The Woman in America' goes into more depth.