Saturday 22 October 2011

Fatigue Diary.

This chronic fatigue problem I’ve got is interesting and a little unpleasant. According to the official ME website, all the routine symptoms of the condition are ones I get, intermittently, bar one: alcohol intolerance. I don’t have a problem with alcohol. Thankfully.

What I do have a problem with is food. I want to eat, and so I do, but then my body says

‘Hang on old lad, we don’t have enough energy to keep you functioning and digest this meal you’ve just eaten. While we’re dealing with that, you go and collapse for an hour. OK?’

So collapse for an hour is what I’m reduced to. Now I’m yawning and can’t be bothered to write the rest of the post. Or talk about my encounter with Sarah and her mother today. Bet you’re glad.

2 comments:

KMcCafferty said...

Just catching up on your entries here my good sir.

I've been having terrible fatigue problems too. I find myself sleeping much much more than usual, napping (I really don't like napping at all), and a terrible lack of energy at all times during the day. Though mine is probably from stress and anxiety (and possibly a bit of depression), I can say that our boats are not far from each other on the sea here.

JJ said...

CFS is an interesting condition. There are no direct markers, so it can only be diagnosed by first eliminating other possible causes such as anaemia. The one thing that seems to be agreed upon is that it's triggered by prolongued periods of stress, and that depression is one of the common symptoms.

I think people like you and I are likely to be prey to it. Being highly sensitive, resistant to control, thinking outside the box and so on inevitably leads to becoming easily stressed. And the problem is, most people just don't understand, so it's good to know there are a few who do.

It's lovely to see you, Kaetlyn. Still keeping enough cash back to buy two coffees.