Saturday 15 October 2011

The Love Enigma.

This was from someone who has the intelligence and candour to openly admit that she doesn’t know what love is:

“Furthermore, what is it that really gives us connection anyway? Is it simply understanding? Is that the only ingredient necessary for a great love? All our other characteristics that define us to the world, they simply don't matter do they? Our humour, our wit, the things that supposedly make one attracted to another.”

I don’t know either, but I think I might have an inkling. No, it’s nothing to do with compatibility, but neither do I think it’s simply a product of the mind and contained solely therein. I think it’s something to do with the higher consciousness recognising a unique energy flowing between two people, something impalpable and unable to be measured, but something all the stronger and more real for so being. So yes, it’s an understanding, but not a mental one.

I think I felt it for the first time one day this summer. But how can I know?

No comments: