Friday 21 October 2011

Fragments of Pancake and Other Things.

The latest ad to appear on my Hotmail home page is for some fancy new high tech gadget that I’m sure I would find incomprehensible even if I could be bothered to read about it. With Christmas approaching, the catchline is This season’s must have. Must have? I need one? No, you don’t. The rate at which western culture is declining into a neurotic obsession with gadgets and shiny things depresses me. Where have all the people gone?

--------------------------------------

Over the past week or so I seem to have developed the classic symptoms of ME. I realise now that I’ve been exhibiting them intermittently for a few years. Should I get it checked out? At the moment, I can’t be bothered. Ironic, isn’t it?

--------------------------------------

Where have all my people gone?

--------------------------------------

My experiment with a green tomato pancake at lunchtime wasn’t entirely successful. The best word to describe it would be ‘fragmented.’ It tasted OK, though.

No comments: