Monday 31 October 2011

Approaching Life.

There’s something I’m confused about. I’ve been confused about it all day and I’m not getting any closer to working it out. Never mind what it is; it’s complicated. The point is this:

Sometimes I think we should let go, stop trying to be in control, let fate or the universe, or whatever it is, deliver what it wants to deliver. (That’s what often happens anyway. At least to me it does.)

And sometimes I don’t. And it isn’t as easy an option as it sounds. Among other things, it requires patience and the ability to give up fear. Humans don't easily do something as radical as that.

What’s more, sometimes I wish I could play the penny whistle like a veteran, though heaven knows what I’d do with it.

3 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Oh fear! Yes, where the hell does it all come from? Such an easy way to control a person and so difficult to let go of.

JJ said...

I suppose it can at least be said that the more fearful you are, the greater is your potential for courage. Doesn't help much, though, does it?

Anthropomorphica said...

No not really, but I'll try to remember that! When my knees are knocking...