Wednesday 26 October 2011

Oddities Picked Up from the Stats Tracker.

Two interesting things today.

The first is that my story When the Waves Call appears to be going great guns in the Russian Federation. Twelve page views in one day, so far. All from Russia. That’s a lot. It pleases me immensely that some people from Russia like a story of mine, so thank you for reading it my Russian chums. Of course, it could be that somebody over there is translating it, so that Liam becomes Mikhail, Maire becomes Ludmilla (note the pleasing symmetry) and the action takes place on the Baltic Coast somewhere in the vicinity of Kaliningrad. That would be interesting.

The second concerns another story, The Open Circle. In it I have the two boys going to a séance in Sackville Terrace. I made the address up; I’ve known a Sackville Street, but never a Sackville Terrace. So I found it odd that somebody from Perth, WA should have found their way to the story from Google by searching Sackville Terrace + sex. People do search the strangest things, don’t they?

No comments: