Thursday 20 October 2011

Real Glamour.

When I was driving home today, I saw Sarah out riding her bike with her mother. I realised that she does something better by far than anybody I’ve known:

Glamour.

No, not glamour as it’s understood these days, but as it was understood in the old arcane tradition. ‘Glamour’ is the means by which those with the power can appear differently according to the needs of the moment. It’s how the word is used in Mists of Avalon.

When Sarah is out with her family, she appears small and very young. You could almost believe she’s pre-pubescent. Yet when I meet her alone, she opens up and projects a completely different image. She becomes confident, tall and mature. She’s anything but pre-pubescent. She even commands me to ‘come closer so I can hear you better.’

Maybe that’s why, when I had that dream about the Priestess and the President a few months ago, Sarah had the role of Priestess. Maybe there are even some strange connections going on.

OK. Nutty JJ is closing down for the day.

No comments: