Wednesday 26 October 2011

Just to Annoy the Yankees.

Do you want to hear a joke?

Me too.

So I cheated. Sue me.

‘Sue me’ looks odd. ‘Me Sue, you Jeffrey’ makes more sense.

And while I’m on the subject, I had two visits from Jersey City today. According to Google maps, Jersey City looks to be smaller than Manhattan. So then I remembered noticing that nearly every Wells Fargo stop in the Midwest that’s got more than a pig trough and two lamp posts gets called a city. Why is that? And what’s that obsession Americans have with elevation? Welcome to Fatsville. Elevation 17 ft. What’s that all about?

America is a mystery to the rest of us, although I have to say that lady Americans with melty New England accents at least sound scrummy.

Don’t be offended. It’s just what happens when I mix Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with alcohol. Life's too fleeting to get offended. Here one day, gone the next. And my knee hurts. The right one.

2 comments:

Orphin Lasz said...

Me Orphin, you Mr. Beazley.
Ehehehehe
I love reading your posts.. maybe I'm just too nosey t('-'t )

...Chronic Fatigue and alcohol.. I can definetely relate to the fatigue part :c
Let's hope the both of us will be able to get some good rest soon! c:

JJ said...

And I love seeing you here, Orphin. I do have a problem with your shorthand, though.

And what about the knee, eh? What about the knee? Nobody comes back with 'Oh, Mr Beazley, how sad it makes me to think of you knee in pain. I would gladly fly to you this instant with the express object of kissing it better, if only fate would be compassionate for just a moment and afford me the privilige.'

Nope. Nobody mentions the knee.